Dr Dwyer is the Clinic Director at our SAHMRI clinic.
He graduated in 2001 with the Frank S. Hone Memorial prize for medicine, the William Gardner prize for surgery and the University of Adelaide Lister medal. He was admitted as a fellow of the Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Radiologists in 2009 after fellowship in MRI and was awarded the RANZCR 2016 Bill Hare Fellowship.
Andrew is currently:
- Director of the Clinical & Research Imaging Centre.
- Head of Imaging at the South Australian Health and Medical Research Institute (SAHMRI).
- Co-Director of the South Australian node of the National Imaging Facility (NIF).
- Member of RANZCR Clinical Research Committee.
- Lead Radiologist for the South Australian Centre for Functional MRI.
- Senior Staff Specialist at Flinders Medical Centre providing MRI supervision and convening the Hepatobiliary and the Colorectal Surgical meetings.
- Active in NHMRC, MRFF and philanthropically funded research on MRI biomarkers in Parkinson’s disease, traumatic brain injury, functional connectivity, chondral degeneration and cardiovascular flow.
His interests include:
- Advanced clinical and research MRI applications.
- Functional neuroimaging.
- Cardiac CT and MRI (ANZCTCA and ANZCMR accredited).
- Orthopaedic and sports medicine.